Investment Banking Analyst
About Cascade Partners
Cascade Partners is looking for an Investment Banking Analyst to join our boutique, middle-market investment banking and private investment firm. Our offices are located in Southfield, MI and Cleveland, OH, and we work with companies throughout the U.S. and internationally, with an emphasis on the Midwest. We offer expert advisor services to clients on mergers and acquisitions (M&As), divestitures and financings across a variety of industries including healthcare, industrials, business services, value-added distributors, consumer products, retail and IT industry sectors.
Shared values, trust and a passion for helping people are the principles that guide every decision we make at Cascade. We recognize the long-term impact a transaction has on our clients’ company, employees, family, wealth and personal lives. Our team is committed to creating long-term value by providing transformative solutions for the companies we serve.
At Cascade, we pride ourselves on providing unbiased information about available options and their implications long before a transaction closes. We give the guidance and resources necessary to navigate the complexities of managing growth, acquisitions, divestitures, financing and other strategic initiatives.
Investment Banking Analyst Job Description
The Investment Banking Analyst will be responsible for a variety of activities throughout the entire transaction process, including:
- Conducting market, industry and valuation research.
- Building financial models and related analyses.
- Identifying acquisition targets.
- Drafting pitch books and investment memos.
- Any other activities necessary to support Cascade’s investment banking engagements.
This full-time position will be based in Southfield, MI and will involve significant interaction and collaboration with Cascade’s managing directors, vice presidents and associates. In addition, the investment banking analysts will have the opportunity to gain unparalleled exposure and interaction with senior-level executives at client companies.
Attributes & Skills
- Motivated self-starter and team player with a high level of maturity.
- Demonstrated technical and analytical skills with an aptitude for financial modeling.
- Significant proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Solid writing and presentation skills.
- Excellent people skills and ability to function in an entrepreneurial atmosphere with limited supervision.
- Capable of defining priorities, working through conflicts and identifying creative solutions.
- Possesses strong follow-up, time management and people skills.
- Superior work ethic.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to manage varying deadlines.
Education & Experience
- Undergraduate degree
- 1+ years of business experience in finance, accounting, economics, valuation or transaction
Overall compensation corresponds with experience. The Managing Director will participate in Cascade’s incentive compensation program. Cascade’s benefit package includes health, dental, FSA and 401K.