Cascade Partners is a Southfield, Michigan based investment banking and corporate financial services firm. Cascade advises clients involved with mergers and acquisitions, divestitures and financings of privately held companies in the middle market.
The role of the Full Charge Bookkeeper, Human Resource Manager and Compliance Assistant is a full-time position requiring exceptional trust, communication, attention to detail and the ability to work across multiple offices and balance varying priorities. Key responsibilities for the position include the following.
Our ideal candidate holds a Finance degree (preferably followed by accounting CPE courses) and is an expert in QuickBooks and human resources. Ideally, the candidate has experience in FINRA reporting, however training will be provided.
- Full Charge Bookkeeper/Accounting
- Responsible for recording and processing all financial information of related companies
- Maintain and reconcile all bank accounts and records
- Process, reconcile and review all accounts payable
- Process, reconcile and review all reimbursable expenses
- Process all accounts receivable
- Oversee and coordinate requests, interaction and reporting with external accountants and/or auditors. Lead role in annual audit.
- Prepare periodic financial information as required
- Prepare monthly and annual financial reporting for CEO
- Prepare and coordinate information and materials for all tax filings
- Administer and coordinate all company benefits including company 401k, healthcare, etc.
- Coordinate pre-employment requirements (background checks, assessments, etc.)
- Execution of employment agreements
- Primary administrative contact with incoming new hires
- Process, reconcile and review all payroll and related filings as required
- Coordinate and process new hire forms and filings
Maintain and administer Employee Handbook
- Lead day to day activities to ensure compliance with Cascade policies and outside organizations (FINRA, SEC, FinCEN etc.), including annual review
- Assist with coordination and support of audits, inspections or regulatory inquiries
- Complete all reports required by regulatory compliance
- Organize and assist with implementation of compliance programs such as anti-money laundering
- Maintain bonding requirements
- Maintain the Supervisory Procedure Manual
- Maintain the CRD account
- Review and maintain all licensing requirements
- Serve as a backup to cover administrative tasks needed by the team
- Assist with analysis or specific taskings for the deal teams
- Maintain and administer all corporate insurance policies
- Proven full charge bookkeeping experience using QuickBooks
- Highly organized and self-managing
Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets & payroll software.
- Excellent verbal skills in English
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration preferred